Saturday, March 10, 2012

Bad Blogger

Yep...I've been absent. Every time I sit down to blog, my new daughter starts pressing all the buttons on the computer. But I've just figured out the perfect way to combat that...my kiddos love bath time. They will spend up to an hour in the tub...perfect answer.

So, I'm sure people would like to know what it's like the first few weeks home. Well tonight marks three full weeks home, so here goes:

The first two weeks are a word that I cannot use because I'm a Christian...but I can tell you it's a place with fire and brimstone, ok?

There are way too many emotions that go through your mind and soul to count. You wonder what you've done...to yourself...to your family. You are driven to an almost psychotic episode if you hear your newly adopted son grunt and point for something like a caveman. You are ordering straight jackets on-line for yourself because your new daughter goes into a melt-down because you don't have food to her quick enough.

And just when you think you are at wits end...you get an email...your first post-placement is over due. What? I have a month...we've only been home two weeks!!! Nope...it's one month from Gotcha Day, not one month home. So we scramble to get it completed; meet with our agency rep, and then she says the best thing in the world, and the very thing I needed to hear...she mentioned that the first month home most parents wonder if their lives will ever resemble what it was before.

That was it...that's all I needed. I needed to hear that I was normal and that other families felt this way.

You may ask why I didn't know this. I'm on tons of Yahoo groups and adoption forums, but I'll be honest...the adoption community kills its wounded. So people don't post their true feelings. They pull in the oars and just cope on their own. Some of these people on the forums and groups are beyond brutal. They cast stones so quickly and don't think twice...but that's another story. 

Ok, I'm done talking about that...on to the fun stuff:
Here are the words Johnny and Lily Anna are using:


Please
Potty
Help
More
Hot
Don't touch it!!

Ha, ha...love the last one...Lily Anna picked that up and says it all the time. I guess I do say it a lot. They go to mess with the dishwasher: Don't touch it! My dresser: Don't touch it! The stove: Don't touch it!

Today was a fun first for both of them...they got to go on our four wheeler with Baba!! (That's Daddy in Mandarin, btw).

Ok, enough of an update, here's some pics from the past week:



Johnny and Lily Anna playing with sidewalk chalk for the first time.




Lily Anna thinks she's so cool. She takes my shades all the time...she'll wear them in-doors too!!





 Johnny, so cool as well, but has the shades kind of messed up!





Lily Anna looking so pretty! Playing with a toy microphone in Baba's office.





Johnny and Lily Anna playing at our local park. They had a ton of fun!! It actually wore me out because their upper body strength isn't quite there yet so I felt like I'd lifted weights at the end of the day!

Btw, these pics were from my i-phone; my wonderful camera is currently dead as I cannot find the charger since returning from China.

That's all for now!! Don't forget: it's daylight savings so turn your clocks ahead...you don't want to be late for church!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures! Your kiddos are so cute!!! I also think it's so funny that your daughter says "don't touch it". That's great!

    ReplyDelete