Friday, June 21, 2013

My First Advocacy Post - Introducing Miss Liberty!

This little girl has stolen my heart!! 



I can't even remember when I stumbled across this little girl's 

picture, but I can tell you, she made an impact on me!

Almost everyday Lily asks to see the singing girl. So I pull up 

the video of Liberty singing and Lily sings along. And every 

time I watch her video I wonder WHY she has waited so long 

for her forever family.


This little girl will be ten years old in September. I would love 

to see her forever family come across her file before then. 

Liberty has been listed as having right side hemiparesis, and

 mentions delayed in her language development, but if you

 watch the video link below, her singing sounds very clear.


For more information about Liberty, please contact Heidi at

heidigoestochina@msn.com





Date of Birth: September, 2003

Country: China

SN: hemiparesis affecting her right side; delayed in her language development.






The following are pictures of a recent update. 
As you can see the poor thing probably needs some physical therapy for her affected arm, as she is probably not really using it. In the video link above, you will notice she DOES use her hand. In her file it states that she loves music, has normal intelligence, and is in foster care. It also says that she can care for herself. 

I have spoken to many people who have adopted a child with this special need...the affected limb can and will gain strength with proper therapy! 





If you are interested in adopting Liberty please contact Heidi at the link provided above, or email me by clicking on the "contact me" link on my blog.

Also, if you know of anyone who might be interested in adopting this little girl, please do not hesitate to help us advocate for her...she has waited long enough.

Liberty is listed with Children's House International.


1 comment: