Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Unauthorized Vacation

Not a vacation for me...it's my agency worker. He went on vacation and didn't tell me!! (Maybe he's taking a vacation FROM me...hmmm).

Anyway, I have some big things going on adoption-wise. 

BIG!!

My documents are about to go to China.

I'm reviewing files of children.

Why do agency workers need vacations?
Why don't they work 24/7, weekends, and at night?
Why do they need lunch breaks?
Why do they need sleep?
Or food?
Why do they have a life?

Of course, I'm being ridiculous. 

While my brain is in adoption mode, my hubby has been in the rescuing mode. And I'm not talking about children.

I'm talking turtles here, people. Our whole marriage,  22+ years, he has had an issue with turtles.

He HAS to rescue them.



I don't get the fascination. I think they are disgusting...but I cannot tell you how many times that man has walked into our house with a turtle. 


Although the next pics are blurry, they're kind of cute. 

Johnny looks slightly freaked out about the turtle's head popping out of the shell.


Johnny asking 1001 questions about the turtle. 


Setting the turtle free. 
Johnny made sure he had his cup of milk for the journey. :)


And of course, Lily doesn't ever wear clothes, even for a turtle rescue mission. 


So, the turtle was freed. Everything was alright with the world again in my hubby's eyes. Until about 10 minutes after the rescue when our neighbor fired up the lawn mower about 10 feet from where they placed the newly rescued turtle. Is it wrong that I got a little laugh out of that? 

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit...I have a thing about rescuing turtles too. I just can't stand to see one on the edge of the road. I HAVE TO stop and pick it up. Usually they find a new home in our pond :)

    ReplyDelete