Friday, December 21, 2012

Let It Snow!!!

Oh yeah, baby...we got dumped on!! What do I care...there wasn't any school yesterday so I stayed home all day with the kiddos. We had lots of fun...watched Kung Fu Panda and ate popcorn and Dots. And of course, took the kids outside to play. This was Johnny and Lily Anna's first experience with snow. Johnny said it got really cold in China but he never saw snow. (He was in a northern province). And I knew Lily had never seen it because she was in southern China. Ok, enough with the yada, yada...so let's take a guess: Who loves snow?
















And guess who hates snow: Yep, the Southern girl. She hated it. She said it was icky. 
She lasted 10 minutes outside...actually, more like 7. Or 6.
So big bro was so sweet, took her by the hand and brought her in.
But before that happened, she entertained us by falling over on her back (actually she was pushed by Brianna...sigh) and remember the clip from "A Christmas Story" where the little brother is so bundled up he falls over and can't get up? Yep, that was Lily. She rolled and rolled. I had mercy on her and helped her up. 





Oh Lily, it sure is hard being chubby. That jelly belly just won't give when you're rolling around in the snow like a tomato. :)

Btw, can you all believe I'm posting and it's not even a month later??? 

It's because I've been up since 2:00 am for no reason at all...or is there? The last time this happened God was prepping me for two little kiddos from China. And I was up yesterday at 3:00 am. Hmmm... 

Just last week I was backing out of the garage (not the time when I took my mirror off...that's another story...forget I mentioned that) and looked in the van to see who was missing. Nope...all 4 kiddos were there. But it felt like someone was missing. The last time this happened....well, I'll just stop there. :)

Btw, guess who looks all grown up going to her Teen Christmas party at church?






 Big brother doesn't look half bad either (even with the red eye...ugh...I WILL learn how to touch up photos in 2013). 




I'm so proud of them! They love God, they love church, and they love their family. What mama wouldn't be proud?


No comments:

Post a Comment