Friday, May 16, 2014

3 Months With London!

All of my children reacted different on their Gotcha days. 

Johnny was timid, frightened, and had his head hung low. 

Lily Anna cried off and on and clung to me (and me alone) for dear life. 

Roman came in with a smile on his face, said he loved me, wished me long life and happiness, gave me a hug, and then proceeded to sing a song for me (and the crowd, ha ha). 

And London peered from behind her nannies...just staring at me.


 And when my guide told me to scoop her up and go, that's what I did. And London screamed, kicked, hit, and pulled my hair. And I let her. It was her way to grieve, and to be honest, it was good that she treated me that way because it meant she was leaving people who cared for her and she knew it. I'm not sure how, but overnight I must have hooked her, because the next day she clung to me and wouldn't go near her nannies. 


Today, English is coming along slowly...very slowly. She reminds me of Lily in that department. She wants desperately to go to school, so it will be good when all the kids are home to keep her entertained through the summer. 

The big issue is her eating. She will take 2 hours to eat, and that's with me constantly saying, "London, eat your food." "Okay, Mama," she replies, and then proceeds to eat a gerbil sized bite. She is tiny. Tiny frame, tiny everything. The eating issue isn't a massive problem when we're home, but school is coming and I know she will only have about 15 minutes to eat her lunch. Food is just not a huge priority to her. (Wish I had that problem!!!)

She may be tiny, but she is one tough cookie. 




And she's pretty cute too!

No comments:

Post a Comment