Tuesday, January 8, 2013

11 Months!!!

Wow...I can't believe we're coming up on a year! In some ways it feels like yesterday, and in other ways China feels like a dream that I had. Sometimes I have to remind myself I was on the other side of the planet a year ago.

What's amazing now is watching Johnny get excited about our next adoptions. It's kind of surreal. One year ago, I was praying with Josiah and Brianna for these two littles in China, and now Johnny and Lily are joining hands with us, praying for the next two.

Most people celebrate their Gotcha Days with their children by going to a Chinese restaurant or something. I'm not sure...Johnny and Lily are meat eaters so I'm thinking maybe steak.


11 months...not much has changed...Lily is still a pill. :)



But oh, how sweet!



Chinese Marilyn Monroe



Pillow fight in the car



Ha ha, I couldn't help posting this pic; Lily's face cracks me up.


What a team.


Btw, Johnny now understands celebrating the day we met him...Lily, yeah, she's clueless. The girl is at the top of her class, learning her high frequency words ahead of schedule, but when it comes to her emotional level, or comprehension of events in her life, she's still at a 3 year old level. I just roll with it. 

Can't wait to post our 1 year mark!! It's crazy to think in one year we went from a family of 4 to a family of 6 and next year 
we'll be 8!!!

I still don't think that's very big. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment