Friday, January 11, 2013

Today We Begin

I have been up since 2:00 a.m. 
 Lily was coughing a little bit so I got up and gave her a drink of water. She fell back to sleep and I went back to bed, and of course, you know the rest of the story! I'm such a light sleeper when I'm adopting!! It used to be 3:00 but lately it seems to be 2:00. Seriously God??? I know you want me to pray, but I'm starting to miss my 3:00 a.m. wake-up calls from you. 

Today we begin our home study. 

This is where a social worker comes to visit with the family and prepare them for adoption. Most people get nervous, etc. because they feel like they're not going to pass the social worker's "test," ha, ha.  I don't get nervous about it because I love talking about adoption. Plus, they're goal is to help you bring a child into your home, not slap you on the hand because you didn't scrub the toilet very well. :)

So it's kind of weird, I'm feeling all this de ja vu. (I bet that's not spelled right.) I've been down this road before, I know what's around the corner, but yet all the feelings are the same. I have this immense anticipation of when we will receive our referrals. I'm excited to travel back to China (did I really just say that???).

So I got on the computer a little bit ago and for some reason, I went back to my old emails and found Lily Anna's referral. I stared at her picture and all the emotions came flooding back. I remember when I received the phone call for our referral. It changes your life. You have a picture...just a picture!! And your life changes...from that moment, in an instant of time. How does your heart love someone through a picture?? How do you travel all the way to the other side of the world...because you saw a picture?

My mind cannot comprehend it, but my heart totally gets it!!

I love this quote:

The heart has reasons that reason cannot understand.

Get that? Our hearts have reasons that logic, intellect, our reasoning just cannot understand. 

I'm so happy to be back on this "ride" again. (You know, the roller coaster). I really, truly am. I know I've said it before, and I sound like a broken record, but...I wish more people would adopt.

Ok, enough on that, because I could write a whole post about it!

I will keep you all posted on our home study and how things are progressing. I loooove our social worker (she's super bubbly!!) so it should be fun!

Btw, we were finger printed yesterday...and Josiah had to get his done because he's going to be 14. That was a story in itself. I'll post that later. Let's just say it was kind of comical. ;)






1 comment:

  1. Very cool guys! :) Our homestudy visit is on Tuesday. I agree I wish more families would adopt. I can't believe were going to go to China AGAIN, and totally happy about the idea. It's kinda of like the third trimester and labor of your pregnancies. You forget the unpleasant stuff and just focus on this blessing. Don't cha think? :) Blessings~Tina

    ReplyDelete