Thursday, January 17, 2013

She turned 5!!!





It's kind of weird telling people that my little girl is 5 now. She looks (and still acts) a full year younger.  She was so excited for her birthday. I couldn't help but think of her birthday last year.

I had an unbelievably long LOA wait (Letter of Approval, from China). It normally takes 60 days, tops. Mine was almost 130. Yes, torture. I wanted to get to China sooo bad before she turned 4 and it just didn't turn out that way. I kept praying, crying, and begging God...get me to China before her 4th bday!! I could not understand why it wasn't working out, and then one day it dawned on me...what if Lily's foster Mama is on the other side of the world praying, "Let me just have one more birthday with her."

Yikes. I calmed myself down and just yielded my desires. I sent Lily a cake for her birthday...and the pictures I received back were priceless. And we have a photo of her with her foster Mom which has become a wonderful keepsake for Lily. She loved Lily and treasured her (and spoiled her). I thought of her Foster Mom on Lily's birthday...my heart hurt for her. Lily was her only foster child. I do have plans to send some pictures of Lily to the orphanage and request they be given to the foster Mom. It's the least I can do to say "thank you" for taking care of my daughter.








You would think Lily received tons of toys for her 1st birthday with us, right? Nope. She's not into toys, she's not into dolls. She is 5 going on 15. She wanted clothes and hair stuff and lots of it. So that's what she got.

It was kind of funny watching Johnny's confused face as she opened her gifts. He finally said, "Why Lily not get any toys?" I said, "Because she doesn't like toys." Wow, he had a flying fit when I said that. He went off about "who doesn't like toys, yada, yada." I think he's afraid now that he won't get any toys for his birthday.  

Not to worry, he reminds me with every commercial that he wants that toy added to his list. I'm sure I'll remember that he wants toys and not clothes and hair stuff for his birthday. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment