Friday, March 15, 2013

He's 14!!!

Yes, my baby!!!! 

My first born!!!



Did he take his driving test?

Yes! 

Did he pass?

NOOOO!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

I'm so mean. :) Actually, he figured he wouldn't. His friends warned him that there were a ton of questions on the test that weren't in the book. (Yes, they all failed too! Ha ha ha ha ha).

The thing that I remembered this morning though (Moms, get out your tissues) was something that happened when Josiah was just a newborn. My husband and I went into a jewelry store and the lady behind the counter just adored Josiah. He was in his little carrier and she began talking about how "they grow up so fast," etc. It was kind of the typical stuff people say, but then she went on to say something that has impacted my husband and I all these years later. 
She said her son was 14 (the same age Josiah is today) and she kind of looked off, sad, and said, "You know, there was a day, and I don't know when it was, but it was the last day I held my son on my lap, and that time is gone now..."

I left the store and bawled my head off...and I vowed that I would hold my son even when he's 40.

He is now taller than me, he now helps me with all my electronic (daily) woes, he opens the door for me, starts my car...but today...yes, I made him sit on my lap.

Ok, I'm going to go cry now.


Happy Birthday, Josiah!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment