Friday, March 1, 2013

Fingerprint Update!

My fingerprints came back!!! I'm not a criminal!!!! Yay...whoo hoo!!! I wasn't sure, ya know? I mean, they had to check 3 times. I was trying to remember if I had ever worn a ski mask into a bank...ok now I'm just being silly. 

I should receive my home study next week and then I send it right back out with paperwork called I800a. It's the beginning of my dossier, which is huge. That's the stack of paperwork that goes to China. 

But the funny thing about the I800a is...it's all so I can get...wait for it...FINGERPRINTED...again!!! Agh!!!!

 But this time it's electronically, because, you know, the background check at the local police dept isn't enough, and the fingerprints (twice) at the sheriff's dept, and running my social security # isn't enough. 

Let's do it 
ONE. 
MORE. 
TIME!!!!!

Actually, I'm fine with it because it means I have (get) to go to a city that actually has a real mall, real restaurants, and people who don't shop in those malls in their pajamas, and eat in said restaurants in, yes, their pajamas. 

Sigh.

I should try it sometime...just to blend in. Perhaps there should be national pajama day...I mean...go to Wally W. and it's already begun.

Man, I can get off topic really fast. 

I was going through some of my photography class pics, and I forgot I had taken extra pics of Johnny for his Gotcha Anniversary. I gave him a lollypop...the same brand and flavor from one year ago. Actually, I should do a post on that alone, because it's actually a pretty neat story.

 Another day.




2 comments:

  1. De-lurking to second your love of the electronic fingerprint requirement. My husband and I travelled 90 min. one way ALONE, got fingerprinted, ate a nice meal, and drove back home ALONE. It was, perhaps, the highlight of adoption paperwork. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! On to the next step. Woo Hoo!!! We sent our I800A last week. I wish our drive for prints was 90 minutes! Last time we had to drive 14 hours rt. This time we requested an office that is out of state, but closer. Hopefully we'll get to go to that one. That will still be 10 hours rt. Uggg... I am also looking forward to eating out. :) Don't even get me started on the jammie thing! Why would anyone, ever think that this is okay?!?! Nice job on the pictures Lisa!

    ReplyDelete