Monday, March 4, 2013

The Icebreaker

Johnny's Gotcha Anniversary was a few weeks ago, but I wanted to share some extra pics that I took, and also share a special way Johnny and I celebrated...just us.

When Johnny met us one year ago, his head was hung down, he was very shy, and oh so scared! I took a few moments and just loved on him, and then I did something that I had NO idea how impacting would be to him at the time...I offered him a lollipop. 

That was it.

That was THE icebreaker.

Do you know, he doesn't like any other flavor of lollipop now? 

It has to be a cherry lollipop.

Even other brands...he always says, "Mama, this isn't the same."

So on his One Year Anniversary...I offered him another cherry lollipop. 







I think I have started a tradition!

Perhaps when he is 40 I will still be offering him a cherry lollipop for his Gotcha Anniversary.

That's fine with me!

And yes, I've made a note to self: bring cherry lollipops to China for kiddo #5 and #6!

No comments:

Post a Comment