Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Step Forward

Today was nuts. 

I've been calling USCIS to find out if I have an officer for two weeks...nothing. I called today, and while I was rolling my eyes because I figured I'd hear once again from the lady who was born without a personality, "No, you don't have an officer...we have 90 days to process your application...blah, blah..." Instead I heard from a man who was full of personality and sounded like he had just walked off a Broadway musical..."Why yes, my dear, you DO have an officer!" Fantastic...then my sump pump alarm went off like a siren in our house. No lie. I was literally in the middle of my conversation with Mr. Enthusiastic when this blaring, horrid sound went off. He exclaimed with his very interesting lisp, "What's that?" Funny...anywho....We had someone working on it because the pump went out, and it set off the alarm...in the middle of a VERY important call. So while I'm de-activating the alarm my officer gets on the phone. He had to change something on my app, which was nice of him to do, so I was thankful for that, but I was completely frazzled by the end of it. Hopefully we should be approved this week and then I can get my dossier certified and authenticated!!

Would you like to see how I felt during my conversation?
Just like this:



Or this:



Ha ha...you have NO idea how often she makes this face. 

How does she go from that to this?:




She is definitely my entertainment....this will all be worth it...paperwork, alarms going off during important phone conversations, broken sump pumps. 

It's all worth it.

Johnny and Lily were worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment