Wednesday, April 3, 2013

What I've Been Up To

Where do I begin? Umm...Josiah turned 14, got his braces off, got his driver's permit (agh!!!), everyone got some type of bronchitis (except me and hubby), Brianna then had a reaction to cough medicine and has had hives for a week. Johnny had his first adult two bottom teeth come in...without losing any, so he looks creepy, I've been reviewing files of children to adopt and my heart has attached to almost all of them, and oh yeah, by the way...I had Lasik eye surgery... 

and

felt

the 

WHOLE

THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I was being tortured. I hyperventilated. I told them I could feel everything. They kept talking in their methodical, calm voices, which creeped me out. Why weren't they listening to me? Could they hear me? The doctor kept saying, "Yeah, sometimes the pressure is too intense." I finally said, "No, it's not pressure, it's pain!" I was clawing at the bottom of my shirt in agony. The only thing my husband and I can figure is that the nurse forgot to put the numbing drops in. I cannot describe the pain. To say I was traumatized from the event is a joke. To make matters worse, they told me it was all in my head. 

That was about two weeks ago...there is more to the story, but honestly, I can't write anymore about it...

so...adoption...we were fingerprinted and are waiting our approval from USCIS. We haven't been assigned an officer yet, so this part will take longer than I anticipated. In the meantime, I'm completing my photography class. This is the last week, and I've learned sooooo much! I will post pics soon!

3 comments:

  1. Well, I was pretty sure I never wanted to have Lasix. Now I'm sure. I am so sorry you went through that with such a lack of compassion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck about the Lasix! I cannot imagine. And, as for the teeth coming in...well my daughter's 2 bottom adult teeth came in behind her bay teeth. They were all the way in before the baby teeth got loose. Now her other 2 bottom teeth on the side are in and those baby teeth are not even lose. The same thing has happened to my 10 year old. Crazy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap Lisa...that is AWFUL!!! I felt my c-section, and there was nothing they could do until the baby was out. I felt every slid of the scalpel, every pull of skin. Everything. The only thing I could imagine being worse is having my eye pried open, and watching the laser, AND feeling it and having no one listen to or believe me. I am so sorry!!!!

    On another note, I am catching up on a few blogs...you guys are going back to China??? How wonderful!! So happy for you...still praying my husband Ken will come around to one more....praying hard....Take care!!

    Leah Sweet

    ReplyDelete