Saturday, October 5, 2013

Sisters

A few nights ago, Brianna and Lily ran outside to have some fun before the sun went away completely. I looked out to check on them and this is what I saw:


They were sitting together having a sweet conversation and relaxing in the dark. When I saw them (before I made a mad dash for my camera) the very first thing that popped into my mind was this: 

This is exactly what I envisioned so many years ago when I pondered adoption. 

I was so concerned at the time about the age gap between Brianna and Lily and I didn't need to ever worry about a thing. Brianna has loved this little girl ever since we saw her referral picture. 

It really doesn't get much sweeter than this!


A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life. - Isadora James

No comments:

Post a Comment