Friday, October 4, 2013

Hoping For Resolution

I don't have any pictures to post as I am between computers. My hubby got me my own computer but it's taking an army to help me figure it out. I've learned how to edit my pictures, but I need Josiah to help me save them and get them to the correct file. He has shown me about 500 times, but I need him to show me 501 times, because I've been up since 3:00 am and I'm not about to wake him up to help me put a picture on my blog!

My adoption journey hit an all time high on Wednesday with the news that my LOAs are progressing amazingly well through the system. I was getting ready to email all my adoption buddies to ask them if they could do a guesstimate of when those LOAs might show up on my doorstep, when I received a different form of news. One that made my stomach flip and my heart sink.

It was from USCIS saying they needed an RFE - Request For Evidence. These are dreaded words in the adoption community because it means there's a discrepancy with something in my paperwork and it needs to be fixed, which can cause delays. 

I hate delays.

I'm never in the mood for delays.

So my agency is going to bat for me today and I will find out if it's as simple as some wording that needs to be changed or if I have to do a ton of work. Sometimes that ton of work means having to do part of the home study over again.

Yeah, that's something else I'm not in the mood for. I'm going to go drown myself in coffee and cinnamon rolls. 

Don't worry, somehow I always manage to see the brighter side of things. I don't let things like this get me down too long. At first it feels like a punch in the gut, but then you have to take a step back and look at the big picture and realize that God's got this. It's in His hands. 

But still, I am going to have that coffee and try not to go into a sugar induced coma while shoving my face in a glazed cinnamon roll. Oh yeah, it's gonna happen. 

James 1:2 baby...James 1verse 2...count it all joy...now where's that pile of rolls and gallon of coffee?

No comments:

Post a Comment