Friday, March 7, 2014

Pics Of London's Gotcha

So the post-placement visit wasn't horrid.

I survived. 

So here are some pics from London's Gotcha Day.


We were to meet on a Monday, but they upped the Gotcha so we met on Sunday afternoon. We walked in the building and were waiting for the elevator when I saw someone come into the building through the front doors. I knew it was her so I bent down to meet her and this is the picture that was taken.




We rode up the elevator together...all of us crammed in there and London kept hiding from me. Upstairs was the "official" meeting room. I knew I had about 1/2 hour of paperwork in front of me, so I didn't force anything right away with her. 



She let me take a few pics with her. 


The two ladies in the pic with myself and my Mother were the director of the orphanage and one of the nannies. London was closely attached to both of them, as they were to her as well. It is a very small orphanage, so they were in tears as she left. My heart broke for all of them. 


She was one sad little girl when we left. Her cry was so quiet. All though she was crying with all her might...it was just silent...just a helpless cry. Broke my heart. One day later though, she was a changed little girl. I don't know what it is...I can't wrap my mind around it, but the next day, she would have NOTHING to do with the director or nanny. She was loved, she knew I loved her, and she committed her heart to me. I am still amazed at the strength of these little ones. They've been through so much...there should be NO reason for them to take a chance on trusting an adult ever again, and yet they do.


Chilling out with big brother after an emotional afternoon. Roman was so sweet to her. The guide translated something he said to his new little sister. He told her, "It will be ok. She's a nice Mama."

More pics to come. I'm getting there...slowly!! 

1 comment: