Saturday, March 15, 2014

Two Weeks Home!!

I must say, it feels like I've been home for months. I keep pulling out my calendar and counting the days home...nope, two weeks. The progress that's been made is mind boggling and I know it's only God. Roman and London still need to pick up some more English. Something we're dealing with is the two of them jabbering in Mandarin all day long, so there's no real pressure to speak our language.

That is about to change though. 

Roman will start school on Monday. This was not my plan or my intention, but this little man wants to go to school SOOOO bad!! It is spring break here and he's irritated that he gets to wake up everyday and play!! Hello!!! I've had to count down the days for him until school just to give him hope that it will actually happen. 

So what have we been doing?

Well, other than breaking up the trouble makers (Roman and Lily Anna), we are just being a family!

Want to hear some Lily stories?

Well, she decided, along with Roman, to eliminate the need for drinking water AFTER you eat Doritos, and combined the two in a huge tupperware container. Yes, dumped her water into the whole container. Guess what she had to eat? Yep, I made her enjoy her snack. Brianna doesn't call me Military Mama for nothing. ;)

Then she decided to throw her yogurt drinks away...upside down. As in, she tipped them upside down and walked them to the garbage can leaving a trail of dripping yogurt behind her and running down her hands. She's not three y'all...the girl is 6. 

But the mother of all her dirty deeds was about a week ago. Things were quiet...too quiet. I knew Lily had gone to the bathroom, but this was taking WAY too long, so I went to locate the little rebel when I came upon the bathroom door shut and locked. My littles have an understanding that they are NEVER to lock the door. So I told her to unlock it and let me in. I heard the sink water running so I figured she was having fun washing her hands...I wish. 

She opened the door and had her hands behind her back. I told her to hold her hands out...there in her hands was Roman's Ipod. She was washing his Ipod off in the sink. After I woke up from passing out, I called my hubby in to take a look at it. It was fine and still worked but, man, has this little lady been in trouble lately! 

Someone asked me recently if she is acting out because of the new little ones home. No, really she's not. She has just teamed up with the male version of herself...Roman. And it makes sense to her to clean off a dirty Ipod. And why not mix water and Doritos? Well, why not? 

Because it's gross, that's why.

But who am I? My brother, sister, and I mixed peanut butter and milk together in a cup and decided to eat it one night when we were young. I think one of us might have thrown up.

I am also catching up on my photography assignments I missed while gone. I have a supper cute one of London from when we were at the Garden Hotel in China. 


She usually turns away from the camera, so when she struck this pose I snapped away!!

I am looking forward to warmer weather so I can get outside and get some pictures of my whole crew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment