Monday, March 3, 2014

As Promised...Some Pictures!

Here are some photos of Fu Chao's Gotcha Day in Henan province. Btw, his American name is Roman and he loves it! We are keeping Fu Chao as his middle name. And Min Jia's American name is London. She will also have a long name like Lily's...London Luo Min Jia!


Coming through the same door Johnny did exactly two years ago...


 I had no expectations on how he would be on this day. He walked in and said, "I love you, Mama." (In Mandarin, of course).
He gave me a huge hug and I lost it.



 When in China, do as they do. ;)



 Roman Fu Chao signing his approval to his adoption with a hand stamp. He also signed his name with his Chinese characters. So impressive to see him write his name.


Giving him his lollipop, just as I did two years ago with Johnny. It is now tradition that Johnny gets a lollipop on every Gotcha anniversary.

Those are just a few pics to start with. The kiddos are transitioning well. The volume in our house has gone up ten-fold all due to Roman!! Him and Lily Anna have teamed up, which was my fear. I told my hubby we are going to divide them and conquer. The boys will be kept together for a while as will the girls. I asked Johnny what he thinks of his new brother and he said, "Well, he's crazy." Yep, and that's why I like him! Everything is new to these little ones, so they run from room to room exploring...sometimes in things they aren't supposed to. Min Jia wanted to see something on top of the counter so I caught her stepping up onto the drawer handle. Had to be stopped and it brought some tears. So we're in the beginning phase of what another adoptive Mom calls "The Awkward Phase." Love that term because with older child adoptions, it's so true. They are a stranger in the home, as we are to them, and they are having to learn rules. Most of the older children have never been disciplined. Not even in the foster homes, really. They need structure, boundaries, and love...in spoonfuls right now, and increase as we go on...or to fit the crime, ha ha.  Roman has already come a LOOOONG way in the three weeks I've had him. He is learning what family is. 

The adoption of Roman and London are so different from Johnny and Lily Anna, just because I'm experienced and I've seen what God can do in a short period of time. I'm taking this time to be patient, teach some ground rules, and re-iterate them to Johnny and Lily. As I told them yesterday, Roman and London are to follow your example. When they misbehave, you are not to follow them (ahem...Lily Anna, cough, cough).  

It takes time...and I am loving this right now. It's a journey, not a race. 

I will post pics of London's Gotcha soon...gotta get the kiddos up for school!! (Yes, I've been up since 4:00 am...don't you just love jet lag)?

1 comment:

  1. It must feel amazing to finally be home as a complete family! Love the pictures - keep them coming - and congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete