Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My Adoption Scripture

Yeah, yeah, yeah, no LOA today either.  Whatever.  So today, I was praying/begging God for my LOA when my mind flashed to another time, when I was doing the exact same thing...praying about my children...but it was 15 years ago when I was praying about my biological children.  I remembered walking up and down the hall of our home, talking about my future children, speaking positive confessions over them.  I always prayed, "God, I want a boy first, then a girl and if we want more, we'll adopt."  Amazing!  I had my boy, then my girl, and now we're adopting.  God gave me the desires of my heart!!  In all my adoption research, etc. people always list adoption scriptures, such as caring for the orphan and widow, gathering your children from the East, etc., but that's not the scripture God gave me to stand on in this journey.  I was woken up in the middle of the night before we began the adoption process with part of Ruth 1:16 going in my head..."thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God."  My people will literally be my children's people, and my God will be their God.  Their lives and future will be changed forever!!  So cool!!  Now if I could come up with a scripture about my LOA that didn't have anything to do with me needing to be patient.  Tee hee.  Yeah, I seriously have a patience problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment