Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Wait

I am officially puzzled by the adoption term "the wait." They say this is the most difficult time because there's nothing to do. Really? They say all the paperwork is done and you just have to wait. I have read this EVERYWHERE. But the real truth is, I'm doing more paperwork than ever...and they all have form numbers that make me cringe...I-800, DS230, I-864W, and don't forget all the Visa applications. By the way, I have to fill out these forms multiplied by four. I have a secret hatred for paperwork. Not because it's work, but because when I am asked a question I have three questions in return. For instance, a simple question that asks for your name makes me stop and ask, "Does this need to be all in caps? Do I have to use black ink only?" Most people probably don't deal with this, but I do and I always have. It's just another thing that I have to conquer on my adoption journey. Most people don't have to deal with a massive fear of paperwork, but my mind melts when I see questions like, "List all the cities you will be visiting while in China." What? I have no idea!! So, here I am, doing more paperwork wishing "the wait" actually meant WAITING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment