Monday, August 29, 2011

When Your Son Calls You "Dude"

It was inevitable.  My adorable son would someday turn into a pre-teen.  I was all prepared for this, but I never imagined my son would be a video game junkie.  Yes, he's one of those.  He has his own lingo, an actual vocabulary, or completely different language if you will.  It includes terms like double kill, triple kill, overkill, killtacular, killtrocity, killiminjaro, killtastraphe, killpocalipse, killionaire...SERIOUSLY???  Boo hoo!  My husband has indoctrinated him!!  And he's good at it, and so are his friends, so there's no rehabilitating him.  But I must admit the funniest thing is when he's been in his dungeon...I mean the basement, and he's been talking with his friends while playing X-box, the word "dude" is thrown around left and right...he'll come flying up the stairs to quick grab something to take back down, he turns around to ask a question and it always comes out the same way, "Hey dude....I mean hey Mom."  Yes, that would be me:  "Dude Mom."  Yeah, it's kind of cute; he's still adorable.  And there's no turning back the tide. Father/son bonding time in our house means X-box.  If I were in charge of everything there would be candles lit and light music going while we all had family time playing board games.  It would be peaceful.  Instead, because the man of the house is a tech junkie, my kids have noisy electronics going 24/7.  Oh well, I may be surrounded by nerds, but that's my life; it comes in handy when I don't know how to use the remote (every day). 

No comments:

Post a Comment