Wednesday, August 28, 2013

How Do They Do It???

One of the things I have wondered in bloggy world is how do these Moms adopt so, ummm....gracefully???

They post day to day pics of their beautiful, happy family and then randomly post...Oh by the way, woo hoo, we received our Pre-Approval for this precious little cherub. And then a month later they receive PA for another child. And then a month or two later, they miraculously receive both their LOAs and are on a plane shortly thereafter. They fly through the process like pros. If they have bumps in the road they don't post about it.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting in a corner wringing my hands like my Grandma Bradley, having a tantrum/begging session/counseling session/gripe-fest/pleading the case of the orphan to my God.

There are ups and downs in adoption. If I were in charge, it would be more consistent, among other things. But the heartache is what I despise. I went from having to turn down a referral of one of the most beautiful little girls I've ever laid eyes on, to now being told that if I don't receive a referral for a girl before Fu Chao's LOA shows up, it could tack on 3 more months to my wait. 

I know, I know. God's in control.

But I'm starting to wonder what little secret all these blogging Moms know. I wish they would blog about it!

 How about title it: How to go through the adoption process in lightening speed with nary a bump in the road, and with the grace and composure of June Cleaver. 

Yep, I'd read that blog post. 

Cuz right now I'm tempted to have a flying fit. 

Yeah, I get ugly like that.

I don't think June Cleaver and I would be very good friends. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying that you receive your referral soon! This is such a roller coaster of a ride we are on, but God has it all worked out. Hang in there & God bless you guys. Tina :)

    ReplyDelete