Thursday, August 1, 2013

Waiting For A Referral

Adoption can be summed up in one word: 

Waiting.

Some people may say money, some may have a hundred other words, but the waiting is the most difficult part for me. I get my part done and then sit and watch time go by at a snails pace waiting for people to do their job.

I never understood how (or why) people searched waiting child lists to find their little ones. Now I get it. With our last adoptions I waited for my agency to send me our referrals, because I didn't know there was any other way.

Now that I know that I can take this time to look on my own, I'm doing it. If my daughter is not on the lists, fine, but now I've found a couple little girls I'd like to advocate for.

And maybe in this time my agency will have found a match for us, but until then, I'm looking, because patience isn't one of my strong points...at all. ;)

And my photography class is wrapping up. I knew going into it that this was going to be hard trying to find time to do this because of summer, but I'm glad I did it. 

I also knew it was going to be a tremendous challenge for me because most of the ladies in the class have photoshop and edit their pictures. Some of their pictures are UNBELIEVABLE!! The teacher had me convinced half way through to get photoshop so I did. I have about 10 tutorials from her that I need to go through. I know that's the next step in taking pictures of my littles...I just need the TIME!!!! When school starts will be a great time to brush up on it.

Not to mention, I'll have a little bit of peace and quiet. ;)

This was from last weeks lesson - backlighting.




This wasn't from a lesson, just Lily looking off, sitting by the wall at the lake. I wonder what she was thinking...probably malls and shoes and clothes...just like me!



Prayerfully soon I will have a referral...either from my agency or by my own doing!


No comments:

Post a Comment