Friday, August 30, 2013

Lily's First Day Of Kindergarten

She was ready...



I thought I was...



I was not.

I walked in the school with her, taking pictures...so excited and oblivious at the same time that I would actually have to walk out...without her...and leave her. 

Agh!!! I'm not an emotional person (or so I keep telling myself) so when emotions hit me, I want to crawl under a rock. I walked her to her room and realized other parents were making their exit and my hubby and I were the last ones standing there. I gave Lily a hug and kiss and then began to walk out of the room...and then she said, "Bye Mom."

Be still my heart. 

I said goodbye really quick and the tears started. I put my shades on and walked out muttering to myself that I'm an idiot, this is my fourth child, what the heck is wrong with me, yada, yada. To my horror all the teachers are lined through the hallway waiting for the stragglers to come in, so they all see me crying behind my shades and they all have words of comfort for me. "It's harder on the parents than the children, etc."

At the end of the school day I picked up a beaming little girl! She had a great day and survived with out me!!

You know, I've taken 6 months of photography classes...one of the first things you learn is to not have your subject staring directly in the sun. Oh well, kind of funny.


So what does a little girl do when she gets home from her first day of school?




Strip down to her skivvies and belly up to the Funyun buffet, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment