Monday, August 19, 2013

She's With An Agency!

Last week I opened my emails and there was a link to new kiddos listed with an agency. I have no idea why I clicked on it, but lo and behold, there was the little girl who we had to turn down previously. Thank you, Jesus, she's listed with an agency! They also had video of her. I knew that if I watched that video, I would either feel confirmation that we had made the right decision or I would feel total regret. I watched the video and knew we had made the right decision...but that face! Ugh. What a beauty! She just has issues with her motor skills that affect all limbs and balance. Our entire house is stairs...on both sides of the house. It honestly would not be fair to this little girl to put her in a family as busy as ours and in this house. I would need to get permission to advocate for her. She is a little firecracker and stole my heart! But I have to consider the whole picture with adoption. You can't play God and rescue every child. You have to truly think about this child and think about if you can truly, TRULY acomodate their special need. Umm...3 flights of stairs on both sides of the house, which are all hard wood and a family that is always on the go? That would not be fair to her at all. She is meant for another family, and I know she will be adopted. 

The shared list comes out in a few weeks and I sure am having a difficult time keeping my concentration!

My mind is always on this future new daughter of ours: 

How old will she be? 
What will she look like? 
What province is she in?

So I wait.

Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment