Saturday, December 28, 2013

Update On Fu Chao And His Birthday!!

I asked our agency for an update on Fu Chao's weight, height, etc and I received pictures as well!!




Beyond adorable!

And guess what? Today's his birthday!!!

He is 8 years old...but guess what his measurements say? He's the size of a 5 year old!!!

I measured Lily and he is her exact height. Oh my. 

I'm going to have to see this for myself because he doesn't look that tiny to me!

With international adoption a child is usually one year smaller than their bio age, so I was expecting that. I really thought him and Johnny would be the same height...not by a long shot. 

Thank God I kept some of Johnny's old clothes! So this will be Johnny's big brother? His big little brother? Ha!

I have always been kind of suspicious of Fu Chao's age because he was found as a toddler and they guesstimated his age to be 3 1/2 at the age of his abandonment. I'm glad I'm adopting him in the winter, as I will keep him out of public school until next fall, that way I can evaluate where he is at growth-wise by then. If I am still questioning his age by then, I will discuss which grade level he should be in. This is new territory for me!

Fu Chao had his birthday last night in China, and we sent him a cake, so prayerfully I will receive more pictures of him this week!

And maybe that little Travel Approval will show up as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment