Saturday, September 24, 2011

I Wish More People Would Adopt

Orphan...a part of me truly does NOT like that word. It means that a child lost something that they had no control over and they are in a current situation of uncertainty. But at the same time the word "orphan" also has such a sweet meaning to me. It's an opportunity for potential. It's an opportunity for a couple to reach into the deepest part of their hearts and look deep into their souls...and say, "Yes." It means overcoming fears, insecurities, and trusting that God is leading you down an "unusual" path...the path less traveled. When I look at the faces of little ones waiting, my heart crumbles. I want to rescue them all. I am so thankful for the day my husband said 'yes' and we began our adoption journey. In a few short months there will be two less orphans in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment