Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Le Hai Update

I am completely amazed at how Le Hai has already bonded with us!! Of course it’s a process, but I didn’t expect it to be reciprocated so quickly. When he first came in to the Civil Affairs Office where we met him, he was bashful, and scared, and had his head hung low. We gave him a lolipop and some rice cakes. He was nervous coming back to the hotel, so I had the guide explain everything to him.

Once we got in our room, we just played with him and worked on bonding. It wasn’t hard...he realized we’re all nuts and he started letting his hair down. He gets an absolute kick out of Daddy. Josiah is his buddy, his protector. Brianna is very motherly with him, but playful. She watches movies with him when I need to shower, etc.

Thank God I have the gift of reading people like a book...I can magically tell when he needs to eat, go to the bathroom, when he’s scared, etc. It’s because I’m a Mom!! I’ve been sitting on the floor playing cars with him ever since we got him. He’s an adorable little boy, with a cute sense of humor...he has a really cute giggle as well.

Two things, that struck my emotional chord...last night we decided to leave our room and get something to eat in one of the hotel restaurants, as we were leaving the room, Le Hai went into shut down mode. His head was hung low and he was scared. He thought he was going back to the orphanage. Broke my heart!!!!! So I quickly leaned down and asked him if he was hungry in Mandarin. Then I started to make my own sign language for eating, which cracked him up...when he realized he was getting food instead of leaving us, he totally lit up.

Ummm....he’s a Chinese version of Josiah when it comes to food....cheese pizza...yep.

He is very, very, VERY sweet!!! Someone did a great job of preparing him, but also, his manners are amazing.

I can’t wait to get this little boy home!!!! Today we fly out for Guangzhou where we will be adopting Xi Yi tomorrow morning. Pray her transition goes as well as Le Hai’s!!!! And pray I get some sleep...two hours last night for me, about 6 the night before, and one the night before that (could NOT sleep on that flight!!!!).

2 comments:

  1. I have been following you now for a few months!! I am sooo happy for your amazing bonding experience with your little guy - I will be praying that you have the same experience with Xi Yi!! Thank you for sharing this with us!!
    Praying for all of you!!
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited that you are headed to Guangzhou. Remember, I have been there two times in the last 5 months, so please don't hesitate to email if you need suggestions on things to do. Let me know where you are staying. Love these updates. Angie

    ReplyDelete