Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thank God For Brianna!!!!!!!!!


I LOOOOOOOOVE THIS GIRL!!!!!!

Brianna (pic is fuzzy cuz of Daddy's phone, ha, ha).


I was amazed at how well Brianna did with the kiddos while we were in China, but I just did not expect what I would witness from her when we came home.

We were home literally only one day when Le Hai (Johnny...sorry, still trying to get used to their new names!!!)...got sick. It's bad enough when your bio kiddos get sick, but when you are trying to read facial expressions on your new son's face to try to figure out what's wrong...yeah, not fun. Because Brianna was dealing with a touch of jet-lag and went to bed early at 5:00, she just happened to be awake when Johnny bazooka barfed on me. I'm not going to lie, I was sooooooo tired, beyond comprehension tired and as I was cleaning up the mess, I began crying...and crying out to God...Lord, all I want is sleep...I feel like I'm going to die!!! (Yes, a little dramatic, but come on...this is my reality). Then all of a sudden I heard a toilet flush...the sign of life somewhere else in the house!!!! Thank you Jesus!!! Ha, ha. I went into my former bedroom...the one where I slept BEFORE China, and I whispered, "Brianna?" The most beautiful voice I've ever heard responded back, "Yes...I'm awake." Because she went to bed so early she was up and ready for the day. She helped me strip off the bedding and get me new pajamas. She ran up and down the stairs getting me stuff. And because her and I were now back on China time with Johnny because of the puke incident, she has been my social life-line. 

Then yesterday we plowed through (her, me, and Johnny) and got ourselves back on track sleep-wise. Even though we were tired, we kept on going, went to church and all went to bed around 9:30. Since we got home, I've been sleeping in Brianna's room with Johnny and Lily Anna. Brianna has been sleeping in my bed with Daddy. And Josiah has been in his own bed. Last night Brianna said the most wonderful thing to me..."Mom, I miss my bed." I was scared to try letting the kiddos sleep with her. I just didn't know how Lily Anna would do. I thought she would cry, etc. But I was so tired. And I'm married to my husband, not my kids. So I pushed all fear aside and took her up on the offer. Guess what, I got seven hours of sleep!!! And Lily Anna didn't wake up once!!!!

Praise the Lord, there's light at the end of the sleep-deprived tunnel!!!

I'm praying the kiddos do great with her again tonight (keep in mind she has our old king sized bed, so they're not squished by any means.)

I have just seen a side of Brianna I did not know was there. She's just acting so mature...so responsible. And it's not a sacrifice to her...she loves to help, and she plays with the children. She's been playing Legos with the kids on the floor for about 1/2 hour right now. She watches them so I can just use the bathroom!!!

She has impressed me. I am so blessed by this young (10 year old) lady!!!! I told her I owe her big time (and I do!!!!)

Thank you Brianna...you make me proud!!!






1 comment:

  1. What a treasure! She reminds me of Colin. SO glad that you are getting some rest now friend. Angie

    ReplyDelete