Thursday, February 2, 2012

Someone Pinch Me!!!!!!

I always wondered what this felt like!! 
I remember reading other people's blogs when they were about to travel and I remember wondering what it felt like, and wondering if I would ever get there myself!! 

Well, I'm here!!! I'm at that very moment, and let me tell you, it's surreal. It is a wonderful combination of nervous energy, excitement, and an overwhelming feeling of anticipation and questions. I know you want to know the questions going through my head, so here they are:

Did I pack everything correctly?
Do I have all my paperwork?

Wow, actually, that's it. Oh my word...I just realized I began this journey stressing out about the paperwork, and it looks like I'm ending it the same way...sigh.

This evening we will head to Minneapolis and spend the night, and then tomorrow morning we will fly to China!!!!!!!!

We will be getting up at about 3:00 am tomorrow so pray for us!!!!! I'm the type of person who usually can't sleep if I know I have to get up that early. It'll be alright, I've seen myself under pressure, and I'm amazed at how adrenaline kicks in and takes over. 

Pray for us!! Pray for our new little ones!!!
Here is what I have been praying over them, so you can hook your faith up with ours:

I have prayed that God would prepare their hearts for this time in their lives.
I have claimed their souls for the kingdom of God, so that when they are ready (and can speak a lick of English) they can make their decision to follow Christ. 
I have prayed that they would bond with us, and blend seamlessly into our family.
And I have prayed peace over their minds and hearts.
I have prayed that they would love God with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength; with everything that's in them.

Thank you all!! We covet your prayers!!!!!

2 comments: