Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wendy's...Where It All Began

Tonight was my last church service for two weeks. 
Everyone hugged us and told us to have a good time on our trip. I was so tempted to load the kids up and go home afterward because my brain is still in preparation mode. But I knew my children wanted to go out to eat with their friends, as they will be going through withdrawal!!

So, I caved and picked a restaurant...Wendy's. I sat down and right in front of my face was an advertisement for adoption...and then I remembered...it was probably about 15-18 years ago that my adoption journey began...in the exact same Wendy's restaurant. 

I remember the exact same scenario then...I was sitting at one of their tables and on it was an advertisement about adoption, and it mentioned that Dave Thomas, the owner, was adopted. At that moment, so many years ago, something hit my heart. And I remember the conversation at the table fading away and everyone else in the room disappeared to me right then and there. I remember I kept looking at the advertisement and reading it...and re-reading it. This was so long ago now, but it's amazing the impact it had on me, that it sparked something in me.

And that is where my adoption journey began.

Isn't it cool how God works?

I love the signs He lays in our path when He's leading us...and some of them literally are "signs."

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful story!! You have written so beautifully what so many of us experience. When He has "called" us to our children, it is so very profound. Some of us are sleeping, some praying, some reading, some working,...some at Wendy's!! Thank you for sharing your story, and thank you for saying "yes" to our beautiful Lord and HIS children. You and your family will be in our prayers as you begin your forever lives together! Peace, Amiee
    http://loveneverfails-gautreaux.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, Thank you for sharing your special story! God will go ahead of you! Angie

    ReplyDelete