Wednesday, September 4, 2013

I'm Pointing Fingers

It wasn't me this time! 
I did NOT mess this one up!

I have to file a wonderful form called a Supplement 3 with USCIS because we're changing our age range that was originally in our home study. Before we had the age limit at 6 and now we've upped it to age 8. 

We originally intended on adopting a boy in about the 5-6 year range...but then I saw Fu Chao's face, and that was that. He will turn 8 in December so we need to fix some stuff in our paperwork. 

Sounds simple, right?

But this is me we're talking about, so it has to be right out of a "Days of our Lives" episode. You all know I love paperwork, right? (Insert sarcasm). So, as I'm freaking out over the questions they're asking in the forms, I dig out my original USCIS approval form and fill in the blanks...date of approval...expiration date of approval...I began to fill them in and then realized to my horror that the normal 15 month approval is wrong. They had it listed for a two month approval, which means it was expired. As I ran around the room with my hair on fire screaming, "Why me, God...why is it always me???" I decided to call my agency. To my surprise, the calm lady on the other end said, "Lisa, we have your approval right here and it has the correct dates." Great, nightmare over. Why I have an original with one date and she has an original with another date is beyond me. I asked and she has no idea either. 

So the drama is done, right?

Wrong.

She said she'd email it to me. Fantastic. I checked my emails and there it is. Great. As I was looking at it though, I noticed they have my address as Missouri, not Iowa.

 Crud.

So I emailed my agency back, told them the discrepancy, and now I have to wait for a new approval. 

This is BOOOOORRRRRRIIIINNNNNGGGG stuff to me people.

BORING!!!!!!

I don't like doing paperwork, let alone doing it two and three times!!!

Once again...do these things NOT happen to my graceful bloggy buddies?? They don't post drama...at all! 

Hmmmm....maybe I can pay those graceful adoption bloggers to do my paperwork for me. Then my process will be smooth sailing and they can run around the room screaming, "Why me, God?"

No comments:

Post a Comment