Saturday, February 1, 2014

6 Days!!

I typed this so many times, but I keep getting interrupted by little ones, so I'm going to hurry up and post this before it happens again! The title was originally "10 Days" then "8 Days" and now we're down to "6 Days."

 CRAZY!!! 

It's crazy to think that, had my agency rep actually checked his phone messages, I would be to and from China already. That missed phone call tacked on 6 weeks to my wait...6 WEEKS!

But here I am 6 days away from my trip and I'm thinking about some serious deep thoughts! Want to know what they are?

Crud, no ice for 3 weeks.
No fountain pop (that's soda for you Southerners) for 3 weeks.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. 

I'm so excited to meet my new little ones and at the same time I'm soooo worried for them. Most people think that they come running into the room, so excited to be adopted, and actually it's the opposite. They are just SO scared!

I'm praying for them...Fu Chao will be saying good-bye to his foster parents whom he has been with for four years!!! And Lulu has been in the orphanage her whole life...to my knowledge, she has no clue what "family" is, not even a foster family.

So I think no ice and no fountain pop is something I can handle in comparison to what they are losing.

I do not have any pictures to post as I am too stinkin' busy getting ready for China. I've packed, then unpacked...looked it all over again, then packed again. 

Like a complete moron, I decided to cram dentist appointments, my hair and nails, all of it until this up-coming week. Heck, even the dog is getting her nails done (a trim people...you don't actually think we paint our dogs nails, do you? Actually, that sounds really cute). And Johnny and Lily have their two year Gotcha anniversaries coming up. One of the benefits of adopting before is I can see how far Johnny and Lily have come in these few short years. I think that is why experienced adoptive parents are so calm in the process and afterward...they've been there, done that, and they have experience on their side. Not to mention, we saw how God was in the middle of all of it, including delays and chaos...he had it covered and it all worked out.

Ok, time to go unpack and repack again...just for fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment