Thursday, February 13, 2014

My Little Valentine

It is Feb 14 in China...the day Fu Chao was abandoned. Can you imagine?? I am so glad he is with me on this day. He was 3 1/2 at abandonment and he remembers it well...5 years ago today. If you think back to traumatic things that happened in your childhood, are you amazed that you can remember in great detail from such a young age? I was accounting to my Mother all the details I remember from when I was 3 years old...traumatic things. They are imprinted in our brains forever. But I love how God comes in and heals. The healing balm has begun in Fu Chao and it will take time. Lots of time.

Today is a nothing day. It's kind of nice before our flight tomorrow. So we are washing clothes in the room, trying to get organized before the flight tomorrow. Fu Chao does a few interesting things that I want to post so I don't forget...

He orders the staff around at the breakfast buffet like he's a 40 year old man, and oddly enough, they comply! Weird! They speak with him as if he owns the place. He tells them to clear the table and they do. I keep intervening but they actually like him and get a kick out of him. He doesn't demand, he requests. It's interesting to watch. He asks for a baggy to put food in to take back to the room. Once again, I intervene but the staff complies with his wishes. It's better being in the room between meals and appointments because he is too social right now...not Mommy shopping or anything, but let's just say the world is literally his stage!!! He greets people as if he's a local celebrity, quite funny actually.

His manners concerning me and others is off the charts...he pulls my chair out for me to sit down, etc.
He sleeps soundly through the night, he performs for me everyday...he stands on the bed singing into the blow dryer and speaking, then takes a bow...he does this probably 10 times a day. Either this little guy has watched a ton of tv, or he's been to Las Vegas to see Neil Diamond perform, ha ha.

I am ready to get to Lulu's province! I've been doing great...I'm too busy to be home sick at this point. I'm so glad my Mom is with me and my hubby is with the kiddos at home. It's making the time go quicker and the journey go more smoothly for all of us. I'm over 1/3 done with the trip so that's a good feeling! I'm not posting pics right now because my wifi, vpn, everything keeps getting booted, so I post quick before everything gets messed up. Hopefully I'll have more luck in the next province!

1 comment:

  1. So glad it is going so well and you have someone to be there with you! I am dying to see pictures, so I hope when you are home you will post some.

    ReplyDelete