Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Bit Of Good News

I just found out that the papers that the Embassy rejected last week were finally accepted and will suffice. 

I was kind of worried for a bit because there was a worst-case scenario in place in case they were rejected again...I'd have to re-do the entire document...from scratch.

So I should be DTC (dossier to China) by next week!!

In the meantime, Lily tried her hand (both hands) at baseball.




Because one glove just won't do:



 I love this pic!!


 Crazy smile :)


So sweet.

In other adoption news, I am currently beginning advocating for children from China that are available for adoption. I will do a separate post for these children as I receive their updates. I'm very excited about where the Lord is leading me right now. I know that a time will come when I am done adopting, and for some people, that's it, they're done and they move on with their lives without looking back. But I've been changed. My heart has been changed. And if I don't continue to make a difference to the ones left behind, then shame on me. 

That is why I chose "Is There Not A Cause?" for the title of my blog in the first place. Because when I look at Johnny and Lily I don't just see the children standing before me...I also see a nation.

I didn't choose to adopt because I couldn't have children. I didn't choose China because it was the best "whatever" for adoption. Not to diminish why others chose China...cheapest program, most dependable, etc. But that wasn't me.

And actually, that's a post for another day...but for today,

I will continue to bring awareness to the cause of the orphan...to the ones left behind.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! My name is Tina and I found the link to your blog thru China Adoption Talk. We are in Northern Iowa and are in the process of adopting from China. How can we connect thru a private message? I would love to connect with someone currently going thru the process!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina, you can send me a personal message on China Adopt Talk and it will go straight to my email. When you're logged into China Adopt, you can click on my name and it will give you the option to send me a personal message. Can't wait to connect with you!

      Delete
  2. Ok, I will do that! :) Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now also have a link on the top of my blog that says "Email me." If you click on "my email" you will be able to email me directly as well.

    ReplyDelete