Sunday, May 26, 2013

Johnny's Concert

This week Johnny had a concert at school. Let's just say it was a real eye-opener for hubby and I!! 

Johnny didn't sing...refused to dance. Instead he put his head in his shirt, almost took his shirt off once, put his arms in his shirt, made faces, spaced off, rolled his eyes, and finally sat down...when he was supposed to be standing.

Did I get upset? Did I freak out and think, "Why is my son the only one not participating??" No, I actually didn't. I sighed, then laughed...I looked over at my husband and his head was in his hands...but he was smirking at the same time. And I knew he was thinking what I was thinking...I wouldn't have him any other way. Johnny dances to the beat of his own drum. He is somehow the happiest child I know... he is just a bucket of fun! And it amazes me because I know some of his past. I know people who have traumatic pasts like his and they are not walking around with a smile 24/7. 

I remembered the movie "Parenthood" where Steve Martin's character is freaking out at his child's school program...and I decided to be the parent who rolls with it rather than the one losing his mind!




We got to visit Johnny's classroom afterward so he could show us the projects he's been working on.



Yes, Lily's smile is as fake as they come. :)



See, look at that smile!!



Such a sweet little boy.



I am definitely framing this pic...it's one of my favorites.


I'm already starting to wonder what his new brother will be like. I have four children and although they are all well-behaved, not one of them has been calm! I have a feeling the next two won't be either. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment