Thursday, May 23, 2013

Incompetence

That is the only word to describe it. 

There are so many hurdles in the adoption world that the general public has NO idea...not a clue what we adoptive parents go through.

But what do you do when you seriously wonder if the person behind the counter is either completely incompetent or they have something personal against you?

I received a phone call from my agency with bad news. The Chinese Embassy rejected two of my forms...because the notary stamped her name, but did not sign it...she had her co-worker sign.

But that wasn't the first mistake she made. Back when she signed the form in February she wrote two different dates wrong on her notary stamp.

This is the 4th time I've had to deal with this same woman...over JUST notarizing two documents.  And today when I took the form in for her to fix it, she gave me grief...until I told her this was for an adoption and the Chinese Embassy in Chicago rejected it because she didn't do her job.

Then she apologized...and FINALLY did her job.

Is it really that hard to stamp something, date it, and sign your name? Monkeys could do it...why can't she?

I was so mad I had steam coming out of my ears. And then I remembered...Greater is He that lives in me than he that is in the world. I calmed myself down and prayed for her...did the thought run through my mind...God smite her? Maybe...but I forgave her instead. I don't know how much time this has cost me. This happened with our last adoption...and it was with the doctor...apparently someone who has gone through 10+ years of college doesn't know the difference between circling "yes" and circling "no." 

Ugh!

I was supposed to be DTC this week. 

Then I was told because there are so many people in the system right now for China adoptions, that the Embassy is behind, and with Memorial Day, they will be even more behind. 

I know, I know...patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment