Friday, December 2, 2011

Approved!!!!

I emailed, then called, then called again...and finally received the good news...both my I800s have been approved!!! Yay!!

It's hilarious how everyone finds out another step is done and they all say the same thing, "Now you get to go, right?" Uh, not yet. A few more steps to go. Let me break the next steps down:

NVC (National Visa Center)
Cabled (glorified word for sending an email to China)
Article 5 (Umm, I can't remember what this is, ha ha)
TA (Travel Approval)
China!!!!!!

Each step takes about 2 weeks (I'm rounding here) so that still puts me being in China in February.

It's very interesting my official approval date was yesterday...the day after I read that commentary and quit trying to control the process. Don't get me wrong, my motto in this whole journey has been "it is what it is," due to the fact that I knew I couldn't change circumstances or speed up the process. But I kept trying to do it in my own strength. I had peace knowing God was in control, but I was still trying to "help" Him. Does that make sense?

In other words, "let go and let God." 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Lisa! This is a big step! The good thing is that my jetlag will be a thing of the past by the time you travel so I can follow along! LOL So excited to see how God molds these children into your family.

    ReplyDelete