Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Hamster Wheel is Going Again

Yes, the hamster wheel is my brain. I don't have a rodent in a cage living in my house. Stay with me here. :) 

My mind is going...and going...and going...
Things to do, things to pack, appointments I need to fit in before China.

We are seven weeks out...or less.

And my mind won't.shut.off.

I don't sleep. While I'm talking to people my mind is in China or going over my checklist for China. It's the little things; all the little tiny details of life. To be honest, right now as I type, I can't think of one thing on my to-do list. That's why I have a list, so I don't have to remember it later. It's just the issue of getting it all done. And I know it will. 

I hate the word "nesting," but that's exactly what it is. I want the kids' rooms done (I'm still decorating them). I want everything in its place. Which is silly, really. My little girl and boy aren't going to walk in this house and tell me I should have more pictures on the wall. For the most part, I'm being completely ridiculous. 

But then there's the other stuff. Items you HAVE to bring. I'm starting to compile a place in my house for all the stuff we have to pack. I don't know how some people do it, but I've heard of a number of people who pack so light that they just have carry-on luggage and no checked bags. Once my hubby heard that, that was it. So now it's like a fun little game to see if we can fit everything in carry-on.

I can't believe I'm writing about packing. It felt like this day would never come. Do you know I have wanted to adopt little Chinese children for over 15 years? Do you know Brianna was 3 years old when I started begging my hubby to adopt? That was 7 1/2 years ago. During that time I have read every blog known to mankind to glean as much info as possible, waiting for my turn.

In about 6-8 weeks, it will FINALLY be my turn!!!!

Now on to my list....

2 comments:

  1. I used the carry-on packing list to keep the packing down to a minimum and was able to fit everything into the checked bags within the weight limit. :-D

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beyond excited for you! I am sitting in the Wuhan airport waiting for my flight to Guangzhou. Can't wait to get there and be in semi-familiar surroundings. I can seriously not imagine you being able to do carry-on only when you are getting two children of different sexes. Tell hubby to hang that one up! Remember that laundry is expensive there... LOL Love you and wish you a speedy ...whatever A comes next! Angie

    ReplyDelete