Friday, December 9, 2011

Progress

Wow, a lot has happened in the past few days!! It's amazing once the I800 was approved, all of a sudden I hit the fast track. My children's visa's were sent to the NVC (National Visa Center) for approval. Once they are approved, they will be emailed or "cabled" to China. This is the part where I'm at. Once again, everything with my adoption has been bizarro so why would this be any different?  My children's files are to be processed at the same time from here on out...well, most people's, just not mine. So my little girl's file has been logged in at the NVC and has a case number...my son? Well, he's not in the system yet. You know, I'm so used to hearing, "This never happens"...or..."Gosh, I've never heard of that, I don't know what to tell you." I'm actually getting a kick out of seeing how many things can be in the category of "hmmm, that's odd" with this adoption journey. 

So after my children's visas have been cabled (emailed) I wait for something called Article 5. It's basically the last final touch on everyone's approval. That should only take a few weeks and then we wait for TA (travel approval). Once we're issued TA we could leave two weeks after that!! So far, it's still looking like Feb to me. 

Today I should be hearing back about being cabled. Please pray they catch my son's file up to my daughter's!!! I would love to receive an email today that says they are both good to go!!!

On another note, another huge milestone occurred in our adoption journey. Last night we had a phone conference with our adoption coordinator. You might be saying, "Ok, big deal. It's a phone call." In my book: huge. It's something that I've heard about. I've heard other adoptive parents refer to it. It means we're close. So very close!!!

Basically, it was a two hour phone call going over tiny details about our upcoming trip. Very informative and I loved every minute of it. We were able to ask questions which was great because I had a few. :) Needless to say, when it was all done, I was exhausted...just completely wiped out. It's amazing the adrenaline that goes through you while your in the wait, and once something major is finally accomplished, you crash. All energy leaves your body. Crazy. Well, I'm on another adrenaline rush as we speak. I've been up since 4:00 this morning waiting for a reply from the NVC. 

The wait never gets easier, but it's how you live your life while in the wait. Today? Well...I have peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment