Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Article 5....again!!!

Okaaaay...I had NO idea my kiddos' files were going to be separate the whole way through. This past summer my agency rep said they would catch the one up to the other. Never happened. I received LOAs on different days, Cabled on different days, and now Article 5 on different days. 

I woke up this morning and checked emails and there was another email from China with another notification of 
Article 5, one day later. "Oh yeah, I'm adopting two, duh," I'm thinking to myself. But what about travel approval. My mind raced and I called my rep. Yep, I'm going to be issued  two separate TAs. Ok, I got this. It's all good. 

Now onto packing, the prep work has begun, I'm making my list (3 pages long), and checking it twice. I have to make a list for hubby. He needs to download two translation apps because we just found out our little boy speaks Mandarin and our daughter most likely speaks Cantonese. Ha ha. It's actually kind of funny. I have no idea why it's funny, it just is. Probably because I plan, and plan, and plan. And somehow or another a curve ball ALWAYS gets thrown, and I have to rely on God rather than my "plan." Why won't He let me have my way just once?  Here we have been learning Mandarin and 4 weeks before we leave I find out I should be learning Cantonese as well.

Number 1 and 2 on my list: send a care package TONIGHT to my little ones!! My son will receive pictures of us to help familiarize himself with our faces. Our daughter will receive these as well, but she will also receive a cake because her 4th birthday is on Jan 12. I'm trying really hard not to think about that. I don't know why, but I just loved it when my children turned 4, so to miss her birthday, well, it hurts, to be honest. It'll be alright, I'll have plenty of time to spoil her! :)

The #2 thing on my list is currently in progress.  There are things on my camera I REALLY want to know before China, so once again, I have to overcome my fear of instructions and just read the manual!! 

(But I really don't want to.)

No comments:

Post a Comment