Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tired of Hitting Delete

Several months ago I was out of the adoption loop. I did not know ANYONE who was adopting from China. Since then, I've joined adoption forums, and about 6 different yahoo groups. Not to mention, I've taken over the mission's dept. of our church. Now, I've gone from not knowing there was a cause to speak of, to now being overwhelmed with the need. 

And I can't adopt them all. I want to!! For some reason, when I see the faces of these 12 year old boys waiting for a family...well, I just can't handle it. They are my son's age.  Their faces are burned into my mind. One in particular I'm thinking of...he looks like an Asian version of my son. I am destroyed whenever I see this boy's face. He is being advocated for by one of the yahoo groups I'm on...and I have to delete the email. Because I'm already adopting two. A little girl with a heart condition...I have to delete the email. 

People email with fundraisers. They need help. It's not a hoax or a scam...they really need help in order to help change a child's life. And I have to delete the email, because I can only give so much.

At church, we receive tons of mail from missionaries...they need our help. They are IN the orphanage, they are the ones digging wells, feeding children, schooling the poverty stricken, binding the wounds physically and emotionally...and I have to throw some of the mail away, because I cannot support them all.

I'm so tired of hitting delete.

I'm so tired of throwing away the mail.

We give when we can, and yes, we can pray for them. But Jesus said if you say to the one who is hungry to go and be filled, but you don't do anything for them...then where is your reward? And what good did that do?

I want to do more. I want to help more.

In 2012, I would like to be able to help more, give more, pray more.

But I'd also like to see other people's lives changed. Yes, I wish everyone could/would adopt!! I really do. But I'd also like to hear that more people understood the cause of the orphan and were doing something about it.

I would like to see some of these kiddos adopted in 2012, who are being advocated for, and want a family so bad!

Doesn't every child deserve a home? Don't they deserve a family? 

The fact is, several months ago, I found Le Hai's picture on one of my yahoo advocacy sites. People had been advocating for him for a few years. What that also means is that someone else, somewhere hit delete when his file came up. Now he's my son. He will be in my arms in February. 

I'm praying that these little ones (and aging out ones) on this advocacy site will have someone pause before hitting delete, and say, "I think that might be the child for us."

James 1:27  Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this:  to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

3 comments:

  1. Lisa, thank you for this post. Praise the Lord for messages like this. As you know, I am in China right now adopting our second older boy in 4 months. I,too, must now hit delete. I pray that my boys will be used of God to inspire others to take these children from a life with little hope to one filled with love and hope. A life that includes a family of their own. Angie www.rylandsfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came over from Angie's blog.

    Your post is so poignant.

    I so often feel the very same emotions as you....
    I want to do more.
    I want to give more.
    *sigh*

    Praying IS powerful. God does love all of us. He is the ultimate advocate for the fatherless.

    I pray that in 2012, we see the mighty hand of
    God as He moves the mountains and brings more children home to their forever families.

    Thanks for the great post!

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is using your words Lisa. I felt the need to share your post on my blog and others are sharing it on facebook. It is a message that needed shared. Thank you for posting this! Angie

    ReplyDelete