Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Where or where is my Article 5?

I've calculated it. It should be here. But it's not. Soooo....that means it wasn't dropped off in China when I thought it would. The timeline is precise...paperwork is dropped off at the U.S. Embassy in China and exactly two weeks later it's picked up and taken to the final place before I'm issued travel approval. 

What doesn't help is my agency doesn't know the date it was actually dropped off. Ugh!! Let's just say my Article 5 will be here sometime this week (or else).

I trust everyone had a nice Christmas. Honestly, I couldn't wait until it was over with because my kiddos have taken ALL the joy out of it. They are at the age where they know all their gifts. They measure the boxes and everything. 

Here's how ours went down:

My hubby took a picture of Josiah's present at a store to compare the prices. My son is a 12 year old tech head...he checked his Dad's phone, went through all the pics and came in to our room laughing saying it was proof we were getting him exactly what he wanted. My husband explained to Josiah that he was just price checking (which he was when he took the pic). The only problem...the gift was under the tree, wrapped...so Josiah grabbed the gift and felt all the bumps and lines through the gift wrap and excitedly announced he was 100% sure he knew what the gift was. Of course, he was right. Next year I'm hiding all the gifts until the night before Christmas. 

Brianna was a little less subtle. She tore a part of the gift open and peaked, then shut it, came running up to me to announce what she had done, and looked at me like, "I'm so smart! Aren't you proud of me that I'm a conniver and have no patience?"

I also have no patience. 

I want my Article 5!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment