Monday, February 4, 2013

My 3:00 A.M. Prayer

Once again, I've been up since 3:00.
This is the norm when I'm adopting or even praying about adopting. Why 3:00 a.m.? Because my two new little ones are awake on the other side of the globe.

That's why. And I know it.

So I get up, make some coffee, and pray.

Would you like to know what I pray?

The same thing I prayed when I was pregnant with Josiah...and Brianna...and then adopting Johnny and Lily Anna...

"Thank you, Lord, that my children are protected, that they are healthy and whole...complete...that there would be no complications. I speak with all my heart that they would attach immediately to every member of the family...that they wouldn't have any of the complications that I've read about.

Prepare their little hearts, Lord. Prepare them to come into our home. I pray that they will learn to love You with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength...all that is within them.

That they will walk on the straight and narrow path, and not turn to the left or the right...but they would follow You all the days of their life.  

I thank you Lord that you have already chosen those children for our family...lead me to them. Direct my path...lead the way. Help me to stay calm when something doesn't go my way, or in my timeline. 

I thank you, Lord, for providence. You have never failed me. I thank you that You're in control. I surrender my will to Yours."


That is my simple prayer. It's my heart. Do I pray the exact same thing every day? No, then that would be a repetitious prayer that I would be saying just say it. No, it varies, but it's always from my heart.

Because it is my sincere desire.

God hasn't failed me yet.

And He doesn't intend to. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! I have been following your blog since just before you went to China to bring your kids home... My husband and I adopted our daughter from Bao'an in Shenzhen in December of 2009! I have a strange request - could I have you email me? I have NEVER requested this of anyone, but I think (Actually I'm positive from the pictures) that our children had the same Foster Mom!! I was catching up on your posts since I hadn't visited your blog in a while, and saw the pictures you posted of Lily's 4th birthday while still in China... I went back in your blog to see if there were more pictures, and I'm convinced it's the same woman! She's even wearing the same jacket as she is in the picture I have of her. Sorry for the long comment, but I didn't want you to think I was some weird person just randomly asking you to email me! I only received ONE photo of her Foster Parents (we didn't even know she had been in Foster care until the day we met her in Guangzhou!), and when we requested more through the SWI, they said the Foster Parents had had a computer issue and lost all photos from the time our daughter was with them... I was hoping maybe I could send you the photo I have, as it includes the Foster Father, and maybe we could get a couple more from you that might show anything more of where our daughter lived... Please, if you could, email me @ tmafli@gmail.com... Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete