Saturday, February 2, 2013

My Photography Class

We are creeping up on a year with Johnny and Lily Anna, and I want to wait to show some pics I've been taking of them for a photography class...but I just can't stand it...I've gotta post a few!!

Let me just say, I have a new-found respect for photographers...it ain't easy. I took over 300 pics this week and maybe 5 are pretty good. And out of those 5, I was kind of bummed that I had a bit too much sunlight on Lily's face and didn't realize it until I saw them blown up on my computer. (Yes, it would help if I actually looked at the wonderful device on my camera that tells me if I'm about to take blinding pics).

The assignment was to use leading lines and rules of thirds, but also to think creatively, not to just center the child's face and shoot away, but to focus on something else, in this case, the heart Lily is creating.



Focused in on the flower on her headband.




Using rules of thirds and leading lines. I looove this pic of Brianna!




Using leading lines (on the floor as well as the baseboard).




Rule of thirds and creative crop using hands etc. There is also a leading line from the floor going straight to Pucca's face. The lines of Brianna's fingers also act as a leading line.




 Rule of thirds. This is a beautiful pic of Johnny. 

I'm going to begin editing my pics as the obvious thing here is the scratch on Johnny's face. Pucca has a love/hate thing with that toy in Johnny's picture. It's actually a monkey dressed up in a Spider-Man suit and it goes everywhere with this boy...and Pucca wants it!

 Well, a few days ago Johnny lifted it in the air to rescue it from a Pucca attack and his face got scratched by Pucca's paw. 

Boys will be boys and dogs will always be Spider-Man/monkey attackers.  :)



I have learned words like aperture and ISO and fixed lens, yada, yada. And I'm shooting in the Manual Mode!! Yay! 

This week we celebrate Johnny's 1 Year Gotcha Day (Feb 6) and Lily Anna's (Feb 8). It is so amazing the transformation that has taken place in one year's time...not just in them, but in our whole family. 

Adoption has truly changed us all.

Have a blessed week!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Gotcha Day anniversaries! Such a wonderful day to commemorate!

    ReplyDelete