Monday, February 18, 2013

Wrapping Up The Homestudy

Can I take a side note before I even begin? Is it spelled homestudy or home study? I'm completely irritated by this word! I personally think it should be one word...it's actually a document, so it should be one word, but every time I type it, my computer wants to correct it. Btw, I don't care if the dictionary has it as two words (I haven't even looked it up). It should be one. There, I'm off my soapbox now. 

So, we're almost done with it, but with one minor setback, which I never even mentioned because it was in the middle of Gotcha Anniversaries, etc...we are waiting on my fingerprints (for the second time) because they looked smudgy. So, today was our last visit with our social worker, and she hasn't heard a word about the prints...so prayerfully it will be soon. 

The minute our home study (stupid computer just autocorrected...whatever...home study it is then)...ANYWHOOOO...the minute our HOME STUDY is done, we can move on to preparing our dossier...which I'm already sort of-kind of-round about doing already because I've done this before.

And then we will send our documents to China!!! 

This is already going much quicker than our last adoption. We'll see. It took 18 months before...a huge part of that was our home study, which was supposed to take 6-8 weeks and ended up taking 5 months. Don't ask me what took that long...I do everything I can to not look back and re-live those months! 

So right now, I'm getting things done for the dossier and I'm in the middle of my photography class...in other words, I'm keeping myself very busy...intentionally. I don't do well with idle time. My mind goes and goes all day long...so I make sure I don't have time to think. (Don't worry...there's not much going on upstairs in my brain anyway, tee hee.) 

Here are some random pics I took for my photography class:


Lily Anna looking so sweet. I should have increased my aperture so more of her face was in focus...sure is a pretty pic though! She was super tired and I took advantage!




Love this pic of Johnny...once again, when I begin editing my pics (or learning, I should say) the things such as dry lips will be a thing of the past.


Many times I have to pinch myself because I can't believe we're adopting again!! Johnny and Lily Anna have been such a tremendous blessing in our lives and I'm so thankful that we're in the process to bring home two more little cuties from China!

No comments:

Post a Comment