Monday, July 1, 2013

A Photo Shoot With My Niece


My niece, Mikela, came over and taught me a few easy tricks to edit my pictures.

My son just got Photoshop for school, but that is anything but easy...for me anyway.

My instructor in my photography class is doing tutorials to help us with editing our pictures, and I will get there...I'll learn it to the best of my ability, but for now, I'm going with easy-peasy. :)




This is a picture Mikela and I took today while we bribed Lily to pose for pictures. :)



Mikela is a natural at photography and has a wonderful creative side. She's only 17 and has already started her own photography business!

It was kind of nice to just play around with these pictures...quite therapeutic for me right now while I'm in the wait. 

There isn't any news...at all...for any of us who've waited this long.

I woke up with this scripture on my heart:

"Cast all your care upon Him, because He cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7

I have given this all to God; the timing, the wait...all of it. 

What is hard is that I have slept like a baby through this entire adoption so far. And then two nights ago...it all started up again...dreaming about China. Every. Night.

All
Night
Long.

And I have felt the burden to pray. Not that I didn't before, but it was more light hearted, care-free. But now...I feel the BURDEN of it. I guess the only way to describe it...is two nights ago, what happened is that same familiar feeling...my mind, my thoughts, my HEART spilled over and is now in China. 

Once again, while people are talking, and life is carrying on...my thoughts are on China. 

So what does this mean?

It means I know I'm close!!

I know my children's referrals are right around the corner.
And I know it could be Jan or Feb before I travel, but I'm praying for my littles as if I'm already there.

These feelings are all familiar; I know this road.

And when I reflect back on this time I had when I was in the wait for Johnny and Lily, it was a very sweet time in my life where I was completely, totally dependent upon God and His timing.

And right now, I guess that's the only way to describe what I'm feeling right now...it's a sweet time between my and my Lord. 

Totally
Dependent
Upon 
Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment