Saturday, October 15, 2011

Celebrating Our LOA

So, I know you're all wondering how our family celebrated our LOA.  Did we go to a fancy steakhouse?  Nope. How about a Chinese restaurant in honor of our new children?  Nope.  My dirt cheap hubby said, "Let's do McDonald's drive-thru."  I told him he's the cheapest man alive, which back-fires on me, because he takes that as a compliment.  Then he goes off about how he's such a genius when it comes to finances, blah, blah, blah. (Honestly, he's right, but I'll never tell him that.)

The thing is, somehow or another, most of our major events in our life are celebrated with McDonald's.  After our own wedding twenty years ago, we left after the church service and swung in to get a cone.  Last year, when my husband said yes to adoption, we celebrated with a McD's cone.  Perhaps we should just have weddings at McDonald's and instead of cake, everyone gets ice cream.
I wonder if that would work for funerals as well.  
Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment