Sunday, October 2, 2011

Here's What My Daughter Learned in Children's Church

I know...just by the title you're on the edge of your seat with excitement, right? So, Brianna says to me, "Mom, how old are people when they start wearing diapers again?" "Huh? What are you talking about?" "Well, I'm wondering when people start to rot." Ok, this is a bizarre line of questioning coming from my 10 year old, even for Brianna.  She seems horrified so I begin to ask her why she's asking me these creepy questions. She begins to explain that in Children's Church they were learning about how the body eventually gives out and there is life after death. The children all have very vivid imaginations and began to ask questions (ahem...Brianna) and one thing led to another and now I have to explain to my daughter that not everyone over 60 is wearing a diaper, they are not currently rotting, and their eyes are not turning into ash...well, that I know of anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment