Thursday, October 6, 2011

Still No Answer

For two and a half weeks I have heard NOTHING concerning my little girl's LOA. This week is a holiday in China, so my agency rep said I probably won't hear anything until Monday now. My travel month went from "guaranteed" November to December...and now January. I will NEVER think of the word "guarantee" the same way again! I am currently double the wait time that was "guaranteed" for my LOA. It was 60 days originally...I'm at 120. It is what it is. Some things in life do not have a guarantee on them. God never promised He would cater to our demands. He is not my personal genie that I order around. And while it is VERY difficult to watch others have a super fast adoption, with smooth sailing, I have to swallow my pride (and the lump in my throat) and congratulate them. There are several adoptive moms that I have gotten to know through this process and all of them have received their LOA's. And I still wait. And my son and daughter across the ocean still wait. Is it hard? Yes. But I keep myself busy so my mind doesn't have time to dwell on the negative. The Bible talks about "an appointed time"...there is an appointed time for my little boy and girl to meet us. It's just not today!! But it's soon! So in the mean time, I PRAY, I BELIEVE, and I SPEAK good things over them, over their lives, and over their futures...and I know that God is preparing THEIR hearts, just as much as He is preparing mine. Believe me, do not think for a MINUTE that I get depressed about this non-sense. I nipped that a while ago...I just won't have it...I HATE rotten, bad attitudes; a bad attitude never fixed anything or made time go faster. So if you're thinking of me today, don't think, "Oh, poor her." Give me a massive break, don't sulk for me...I'll probably be shopping and how can a person shop and be depressed at the same time? It's not humanly possible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment